Episode 12 Mold Toxicity with Jennifer Cannon

Often undetected as an issue, mold is a major contributor to ill health and toxicity. Molds are fungi that can be found both indoors and outdoors. When mold grows in our homes, work place or other environment, it can affect our health. The implications can come on suddenly, or over time, and affect everyone differently. Learn how to protect yourself and your family as Dr. Risk discusses mold neurotoxins with Jennifer Cannon, who is a survivor of mold toxicity.

Topics Covered In This Episode:

  • How did you get involved in talking about mold toxicity?
  • How did this exposure affect you and your family?
  • What exactly does mold toxicity mean?
  • How does someone’s home/office become toxic?
  • How can someone identify that this is happening?
  • What if there are no visual signs or musty smell? Can there still be mold around?
  • What makes mold so toxic?
  • What are the symptoms of mold toxicity or exposure?
  • The list of symptoms is pretty long, how can someone determine it’s mold and not something else?
  • I know there are three stages of mold exposure.  Can you tell us what they are?
  • Is everyone affected the same way?
  • What is the first thing someone does once they identify what is going on?
  • Once someone realizes that there is mold in their home or place of work, what should they do next?
  • How does one go about removing mold?
  • Is there a danger of the mold spores getting around the house?
  • How can you save your belongings if there is mold in the house?
  • How can someone prevent mold?
  • If your basement floods, how can you prevent mold from being the outcome?
  • How does someone go about dealing with mold if the removal is out of their hands, like at work or school?
  • I have often seen people have no control over their work environment, and even lose their jobs for pushing for mold removal.  What do you tell people who are in this situation?
  • When I was dealing with mold exposure in an apartment I was renting years ago, I had a lung specialist tell me that mold doesn’t cause respiratory problems.  Do you often hear stories that people are having problems with getting this recognized?
  • There are a lot of people listening who are now worried about their families, and wondering what they can do next to help themselves.  What advice do you give to people once the have recognized the mold and have had it removed?
  • What has been the most helpful thing for you and your family in this journey?