Episode 80 Yoga For Health with Shannon Leavitt
“Every intention is a trigger for transformation.” – Deepak Chopra
Our world is full of stress and disharmony. In her book, Shannon Leavitt lays out a well-organized plan to incorporate stress reduction along with yoga exercises and lifestyle.
Topics Covered In This Episode:
- What inspired you to write this book?
- What is yoga?
- You start your book with a questionnaire about the “four quadrants”-physical, mental, emotional and spiritual. How are these important?
- How can we realize that these are out of balance?
- How can we start to bring these in balance?
- What is mindfulness?
- How can we use yoga to help us bring more awareness to our bodies?
- What is self-limiting thinking?
- Can you tell us about the journaling you recommend in your book?
- How can self reflection help us?
- How can yoga help us to be lean?
- How can we use to accept our body?
- What is yogic eating?
- Is there a yogic philosophy that is important?
- How is our metabolism affected by stress?
- How can we use yoga to help manage stress?
- What is meditation?
- How can someone balance exercise into their busy lifestyle?
- What’s an energy drain?
- How can we battle negative mind-sets?
- How can someone who is listening get started on this journey?
- How can someone find you/your book/website?