Episode 57 Wired For Love with Dr. Stan Tatkin
In our pursuit for love, we are often not sure what constitutes healthy dating, and a healthy relationship. In his books “Wired for Dating” and “Wired for Love” Stan Tatkin lays out simple but effective exercises and information to help couples improve their relationships. By better understanding ourselves, and our partners’ needs, we can have a relationship that can make us feel secure, supported and happier.
Topics Covered In This Episode:
- What started your interest in helping couples?
- What are the three attachment types that you talk about in your books?
- How do these styles relate to each other?
- How can we identify this about ourselves?
- Are there myths about dating that should be dispelled?
- What is the fog of infatuation?
- What does it mean to vet your partner?
- Do you have any advice to deal with the dating jitters?
- How do we know we’ve found a good match?
- How can we identify the attachment styles in our partner?
- How do these styles affect or help a relationship?
- What is the couple bubble?
- How can we establish this?
- What are the primitives and ambassadors?
- How can we learn to “fight” in a way to help our relationship?
- How can we use the attachment styles to relate to each other in a relationship?
- How can we identify the three or four things that make our partner feel bad?
- How do we find what uplifts our partner?
- What are morning and bedtime rituals?
- Are there other rituals that are important in a relationship?
- What does it mean to be wired for tethering?
- How can our partnership heal us?
- Do you have any last advice for anyone either struggling in a relationship, or who just wants to make it better?
- How can someone get ahold of you and/or your books?