Episode 101 When Postpartum Packs A Punch with Kristina Cowan
When struggling with postpartum, most women feel shame, fear and guilt. Often feeling they will be invincible at the beginning and expecting to find joy in their new baby, postpartum depression can sneak up and take a new mother by surprise. In her book “When Postpartum Packs a Punch,” Kristina Cowan addresses these issues, and lets new mothers know that they are not alone. Listen to this interview and learn about the Baby Blues, what they are, and how you can cope.
Topics Covered In This Episode:
- What inspired you to write this book?
- Can you tell us about your own experience with post-partum depression?
- What is postpartum depression?
- What is postpartum anxiety disorder?
- What is postpartum OCD?
- What is postpartum PTSD?
- What is postpartum psychosis?
- How can someone recognize they are suffering ?
- What are the risk factors?
- How common is it?
- What is birth trauma?
- How can someone take precautions against these traumas?
- How can someone help themselves when they are suffering?
- Is there anything a partner can do to be aware this is going on?
- How are men affected by all the changes?
- How can we over come the stigma of postpartum depression?
- Why don't women talk about this more?
- What is cognitive behavioural therapy?
- What is emdr?
- How can someone get ahold of you/your book/website?