Episode 81 What Doesn't Kill Us With Scott Carney
Investigative journalist Scott Carney took his skepticism about Wim Hof’s method of cold exposure, breath-holding, and meditation to tap into our primal selves. He journeyed to Poland and put these methods to the test. In this interview discussing his book “What Doesn’t Kill Us” he lays out his personal investigations on these controversial methods.
Topics Covered In This Episode:
- What inspired you to write this book?
- How did you find out about Wim Hof?
- What is his method?
- What made you decided to pursue this?
- When you took on the six month challenge, what did you do?
- What do the breathing exercises do for us?
- What did they do for you?
- Can you describe this exercise?
- What are power pushups?
- What does cold exposure do for us?
- What did it do for you?
- Is there science behind this?
- What was the endotoxin study that was done on Wim Hof’s method?
- What does meditation do for us?
- What is brown fat?
- What does it do for us?
- What did you learn with surfing legend Laird Hamilton?
- Is there a connection between our brain and immune system?
- Can you tell us about climbing Mt Kilamanjaro?
- How did you fare after your six month trial with all the exercises?
- How can people find out more info on you/your book/website?