Episode 46 Vitamin D with Dr. Zoltan Rona
Vitamin D has received a lot of press in recent years, with rising awareness of its importance. In this straight forward interview with Dr. Zoltan Rona Vitamin D is clearly explained. With winter approaching, this is an important topic, especially for those in the Northern Hemisphere. Learn more about this important vitamin and how it affects you.
Topics Covered In This Episode:
- What brought you to write about Vitamin D
- It seems a high percentage of the population (70%) is deficient in Vitamin D. Why do you think that is?
- Do sunscreens protect us from cancer?
- Are some people more at risk of vitamin D deficiency than others?
- What does vitamin D do for us?
- How does it affect our hormones?
- Can we get vitamin D through food?
- What’s the best way to get Vitamin D?
- Can people use tanning beds to get Vitamin D?
- How long do we need to be exposed to Sunlight to get adequate Vit D?
- Can showering affect our absorption?
- When taking Vit D supplement, what dosage is recommended?
- Are there dangers to taking high doses of Vit D?
- Are there certain drugs that can interfere with Vit D absorption?
- How can Vit D help cancer?
- How are Vit D and cholesterol linked to each other?
- How does Vit D help heart health?
- How does Vit D help autoimmune diseases?
- How is Vit D linked to MS?
- Can it help depression?
- Since it is so closely linked to hormone levels does it have a special affect for women?
- Can you talk briefly about the Marshall protocol?