Episode 61 The Five Element Child with Robin Ray Green
Raising a child in today’s world can be so confusing. With each child’s own unique personality, knowing what they need to reach their full potential can be an on-going challenge for most parents. Discussing her book Heal Your Child from the Inside Out: The 5-Element Way to Nurturing Healthy, Happy Kids Robin Ray Green explains Five element Chinese Medicine and how you can use this to relate to each child on its own terms.
Topics Covered In This Episode:
- What brought you to treating children?
- Why do you think there is a rise on how many children are ill?
- How do you think the health care system is failing them?
- Can you explain what Chinese Medicine is?
- How can we use these to treat the whole of the child, instead of the symptoms?
- You talk about the body, mind and spirit, can you explain what these are?
- Can you explain the saying “to treat the disease, find the root?”
- What are the five elements?
- How do the elements relate to different children?
- Is it always clear cut what element someone is?
- What is the yin yang theory?
- How does this relate to a child?
- How does it differ to be a parent to a child of each element?
- What can cause an imbalance in an element?
- How can we recognize and imbalance?
- What can we do to support or help it?
- How can someone go about doing what you call “elemental parenting?”
- What is a good way to get started to “heal the whole child”?
- Are there special dietary considerations that can help keep kids healthy?
- Are there special foods that can affect each element?
- Are food sensitivities an issue?
- How can gratitude and meditation help?
- You talk a lot about giving children massages, can you explain what this does?
- Is there any last advice you have for someone wanting to get started for their child?
- How can someone reach you/find your book?