Episode 65 Telomerase Revolution with Dr. Michael Fossel
When thinking of getting older, most people feel it’s an overwhelming and unavoidable journey to feeling unwell and living with pain. What if that wasn’t true? What if we were able to slow down the aging process and avoid age related disease? Dr. Michael Fossel has been involved in Telomerase science for years. Today we’re discussing his latest book, The Telomerase Revolution, which was praised by the Wall Street Journal as one of the five best science books of the year.
Topics Covered In This Episode:
- What is the telomerase revolution?
- What is anti-aging?
- What are some anti-aging theories?
- What are telomeres?
- What do telomeres have to do with aging?
- Does telomere length define aging?
- Are aging disease related to telomeres length?
- Why do we age?
- If we re-extend telomeres would we stop aging?
- What is telomerase?
- How do our genes affect disease?
- How do our genes affect aging?
- How is the immune system affected by aging and telomeres?
- How is osteoarthritis affected by aging and telomeres?
- What is osteopersosis and how is it affected by telomeres?
- How is endocrine aging related?
- Can cancer be helped by telomerase?
- What is indirect aging?
- How is alzheimers related?
- How can we slow down aging? -diet, exercise, meditation
- What are telomerase activators?
- Is there potential that we can reverse aging?
- How can someone get ahold of you/your website if they have questions?