Episode 48 Stress Solutions with Arthur P. Ciaramicoli
Stress is a rising epidemic in our society, and most people feel they are just treading water without any idea how to handle what is going on. Clinical psychologist Arthur P. Ciaramicoli explains how to overcome stress in his book The Stress Solution: Using Empathy and Cognitive Behavioral Therapy to Reduce Anxiety and Develop Resilience. With research, real life examples, dietary recommendations and lifestyle advice, he helps people be able to lessen stress levels and lead a more satisfied life.
Topics Covered In This Episode:
- What made you write this book?
- how does stress affect most people?
- What is empathy?
- How is empathy different from sympathy?
- How does empathy play a roll in stress?
- What is empathic cognitive behavioural therapy?
- How does this help us resolve past hurts?
- How is listening empathically important?
- How can someone go about learning to do empathic listening
- What is neuroplasticity?
- How can we use this to over come emotions like anxiety and depression?
- What is performance addiction? How does it affect us?
- How can someone over come this?
- What are cognitive distortions?
- How can someone overcome this line of thinking?
- How can we use CBT to over come critical self -talk?
- How can we repair old hurts/emotional injuries?
- How can self care help us reduce stress?
- What are examples of self care that help reduce stress?
- How is authenticity important?
- Do you have any suggestions for someone who is wanting to start on this journey to address the stress in their lives?
- How can someone contact you or find your book if they want more information?