Episode 40 Stem Cell Therapy with Dr. Harris Bram
Pain management needs to start taking another route. Instead of having pain resolved, most people with chronic pain need management care, which includes use of medications. Knowing there are other options can make a world of difference. Dr. Risk is discussing Stem Cell treatments with Dr. Harris Bram. Since 1997 Dr. Bram has specialized in pain management. In this episode the details of stem cell therapy will be discussed.
Topics Covered In This Episode:
- How did you get involved in treating pain?
- Can you explain what most options are for pain?
- How is the quality of life of a lot of people using pain medication for chronic pain?
- What is stem cell therapy?
- Why are stem cells so unique?
- How long has stem cell therapy been around?
- What is the difference between embryonic and adult stem cells?
- How would someone choose to use this for themselves?
- How do you obtain the stem cells?
- What does the procedure look like?
- How do the stem cells work?
- How can you compare them to a cortisone shot?
- What is PRP?
- How does that work?
- How long does it take for these procedures to work on chronic pain?
- Are there any negative side effects?
- Is one time enough, or does the procedure have to be repeated?
- Are there any contraindications for using stem cells?
- If someone wants to have stem cell therapy, how can they go about it?
- How can someone get ahold of you if they have more questions?