Episode 76 Solving the Mystery of Lyme with Dr. Horowitz
Many with chronic Lyme Disease, and chronic illnesses, are left wondering if they will ever get better. With a host of information out there, and complications in treatment, it can be extremely confusing where to go. Dr. Richard Horowitz has laid out a diagnostic map, and treatment plan to make this process easier. After treating over 12, 000 Lyme patients in the last 30 years, he is sharing his knowledge so that you can get better.
Topics Covered In This Episode:
- What inspired you to write this book?
- Can you tell us what Lyme disease is?
- How fast is Lyme spreading?
- How well is it recognized by doctors?
- Why is there so much confusion?
- What diseases can be misdiagnosed that may actually be Lyme?
- How is Lyme diagnosed?
- What is your 16-point differential diagnostic map?
- How can this map be used?
- What treatment options do people with Lyme have?
- How can Lyme hide in the body?
- What are herxhiemer reactions?
- What are persisters?
- What’s biofilm?
- What are associated infections with Lyme?
- How does Lyme contribute to immune dysfunction/autoimmunity?
- How does gut inflammation play a roll?
- How are heavy metals part of the complex?
- Are there other environmental toxins that can contribute?
- How is thyroid affected?
- How are adrenals affected?
- How does lyme affect psychiatric problems?
- How can someone get more info/find your book etc?