Episode 44 Reverse Your PCOS with Dr. Fiona McCulloch
Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS) affects 116 million women worldwide. It is a hormone disorder causing a variety of symptoms including infertility, weight gain, irregular menstrual cycles, acne, facial hair and hair loss. The symptoms may vary from woman to woman, and the treatment for such a complicated syndrome can be confusing. In her book “8 Steps To Reverse Your PCOS”, Dr. Fiona McCulloch, N.D. lays out and easy to follow, step by step plan to naturally control and reverse this syndrome.
Topics Covered In This Episode:
- How did you get involved in treating women’s health?
- What is PCOS?
- Are there certain symptoms that are displayed with PCOS?
- How is it diagnosed?
- What does this mean for fertility?
- Can PCOS display itself in different ways/types?
- How does inflammation affect PCOS?
- How do you address the inflammation?
- How is insulin resistance connected?
- How do you get insulin levels under control?
- What is adrenal fatigue?
- How do you address adrenal fatigue?
- What are signs of androgen access?
- How do you get androgen lowered?
- Are there other hormone imbalances that are part of PCOS?
- What role does the thyroid play?
- How can this be assessed and treated?
- Are there environmental aspects that can affect this disease?
- What changes need to be made to control the environment?
- Can diet changes help at all?
- Are there any lifestyle change you recommend to help with PCOS?
- As women with PCOS get older, are there other health challenges they should look out for?
- Is there any other advice you could recommend?
- How can someone get ahold of you if they have any questions?