Episode 85 Rest with Alex Soojung-kim Pang
Busy. Busy. Busy. Today’s world is always busy, and full of trying to do and be more. But what if that is the wrong approach? In Alex Soojung-Kim Pang’s book “Rest: Why You Get More Done When You Work Less.” He explains how we need to find time to do less, so that we can do more.
Topics Covered In This Episode:
- What inspired you to write this book?
- Has the way we work changed in our society?
- What do you mean by “rest?”
- Are working and resting opposites?
- Why is rest important?
- How do we view rest in our society?
- Why is this?
- What happens to our brains when we rest?
- How does mind-wandering help us?
- What do you mean by “four hours?”
- How can we find time to rest?
- How do routines help us?
- How does walking help?
- How do naps help?
- Is there a productive way to nap?
- How do we know to stop and take up our task later so we don’t over work?
- How is sleep important?
- How does sleep deprivation affect us?
- What can we do if we are feeling fatigued and exhausted?
- What is burn out?
- Is exercise a form of rest?
- What’s deep play?
- How do holidays and sabbaticals help?
- How can someone get started to integrate rest into their life?
- How can someone get ahold of you/your book/website?