Episode 50 Pain-free Posture With Lora Anderson And Nikki Alstedter
“With our technology-driven world and sendentary lifestyles, its more important than ever to reclaim the design and function of our bodies.” -Pain-Free Posture Handbook
We all know the benefits of good posture, or at least we knew the benefits. With our ever busy world, and our hours of sitting at a desk, most of us are slumped over with sore shoulder and back pain. The Pain-Free Posture Handbook by Lora Anderson and Nikki Alstedter has easy to follow exercises to help you reclaim your posture and live pain-free.
Topics Covered In This Episode:
- What inspired you to write this book?
- How important is posture?
- What affects our posture in our day to day life?
- How has our society set us up for bad posture?
- What happens when we consistently have bad posture?
- Is our posture affected by our emotions?
- How are breathing and posture related?
- How can someone start to learn to breathe properly?
- What benefits are there from having good posture?
- How can someone find out they have bad posture?
- Can you describe good posture for us?
- Is it hard to learn and maintain good posture?
- I know a lot of people feel that once they are older there is not much they can do about their posture. What are your thoughts on this?
- How does our core help us with posture?
- If we have good posture does that mean we will always be standing up straight and not slouching?
- I think we’ve all been told in our lives to push our shoulders back and down, does this help with posture?
- What should our posture be like when we are walking?
- What should our posture be like when we’re sitting?
- Is there a certain way to sleep that will help maintain posture?
- How can we lift things without hurting ourselves?
- I’ve had a lot of people complain to me about gardening, is there a way they can make this easier?
- How can someone get started to do some of your exercises in the book?
- Can you give us an example of one of your favourite exercise?
- Is there a good way to wake up in the morning that will allow us to feel better throughout the day?
- Is there an exercise that can help us when we are sitting all day?
- Do you have any last tips for anyone wanting to make some changes?
- How can someone get more information about you and your book?