Episode 95 Master Your Diabetes with Dr. Mona Morstein
We are in the middle of a world wide diabetes epidemic. Although the causes are often apparent, the solutions seem to be harder to reach. With 422 million people in USA diagnosed with diabetes, the question is “what do we do now?” In Mona Morstein’s book “Master Your Diabetes” she gives a comprehensive guide to diet, exercise, sleep, stress management and supplements to help prevent or reverse diabetes. She’s sharing her wisdom in this interview.
Topics Covered In This Episode:
- What inspired you to write this book?
- Can you explain what diabetes is?
- What are the different types of diabetes?
- What are the risk factors for diabetes?
- Do we know why it’s becoming such an epidemic?
- How does someone get diagnosed with diabetes?
- What are symptoms people should look out for?
- Are there risk factors that can predispose someone to diabetes?
- What is the conventional treatment for diabetes?
- Are there any problems with how effective this treatment is?
- How does what you differ?
- What diet changes should someone with diabetes make?
- How is low-carb helpful?
- What do you recommend for cravings when people get started?
- How is fasting helpful?
- How is gut health important?
- How is exercise important?
- How does stress effect diabetes?
- How does our environment affect diabetes?
- Are there certain supplements that are effective?
- How can someone get ahold of you/book/website?