Episode 60 Love your Lady Landscape with Lisa Lister
“You’ve had the power all along, my dear…”
-Glinda the Good Witch, The Wizard Of Oz
As women, our need to discover ourselves in a patriarchal society becomes an ever present journey. In her book “Love Your Lady Landscape: Trust Your Gut, Care for ‘Down There’ and Reclaim Your Fierce and Feminine SHE Power”, Lisa Lister helps guide women to learn to love and care for themselves and their lady landscapes. With humour, truth and wisdom, join me for this informative episode.
Topics Covered In This Episode:
- What brought you to write about the woman’s body?
- Why do you think it was so hard for you to get a diagnosis for your health problems?
- What is SHE power, as you call it?
- What do you think the average woman has been taught to feel about her body?
- Has there been a tendency to women being more masculine to fit in?
- Why do you think most women feel unclean?
- Why do you think women are often against each other?
- How do you think Patriarchy is contributing?
- Can you explain how this thought isn’t anti-man?
- In the work you do, do you find a lot of women need to connect with their bodies?
- Why do you think we are so disconnected?
- Is there a simple exercise that women can do to reconnect with their bodies?
- What is a common reaction when women start to reconnect with their bodies?
- What happened for you when you started to do this?
- What does it look like when we’re not connected with our SHE power?
- When you ask women what their relationship is with their lady parts, what sort of responses do you get?
- How can we change this, especially in light of things not being the way we want (illness/trauma/looks etc)?
- How can our relationship with our mother affect us?
- How can we start work if there are any wounds to heal?
- What are SHE Cycles?
- What is pelvic power?
- Do you have any tips on caring for down there?
- How can we find sensuality, even if it has been hard for us?