Episode 87 Let Food be Your Medicine with Dr. Don Colbert
Let food be thy medicine, and medicine be thy food.
With his own history of psoriasis, Dr. Colbert found a way to help others find a solution to their own health problems. Focusing on the inflammation caused by food, this interview gives details on how important our fuel is.
Topics Covered In This Episode:
- How did you get involved in medicine?
- When did you realize how important food was?
- How did you resolve your own health problems?
- What is the biggest issue you see with your patients?
- What does it mean to treat the root cause of disease?
- How does inflammation affect us?
- How can some foods affect us?
- What are food sensitivities?
- What symptoms should people look out for?
- How can people find out they are intolerant to foods?
- How do emotions play a roll?
- What can we do about this?
- What does an anti-inflammatory diet include?
- What should people avoid, what should they eat?
- Are there other lifestyle choices that can be helpful?
- What can people do about cravings?
- Why is weight loss important?
- How do hormones affect weight?
- What is the keto diet?
- How do you balance protein and fats?
- How does diet help autoimmunity?
- How does diet help pain?
- How can people get ahold of you/your books?