Episode 108 Industrial Food And Chronic Illness with Vincanne Adams and Michelle Perro
It has become apparent that there is an increase in diseases that were once rare. Industrial nations, who should “have it all” are now suffering in ways that are new. In their book “What’s Making Our Children Sick?: How Industrial Food Is Causing an Epidemic of Chronic Illness, and What Parents (and Doctors) Can Do About It” authors Vincanne Adams and Michelle Perro easily lay out the problems and the solutions to these new illnesses.
Topics Covered In This Episode:
- how did you both get involved in writing this book together?
- What does the title mean? Are our children sick?
- What symptoms are you seeing that have increased in the last 20 years?
- How did you come to realize that food is an issue?
- What has happened to our food?
- What food do you see be an issue?
- Can you give an example of a case where the child’s health changed?
- What is the microbiome and why is it important?
- Why Aren’t Food and Nutrition More Present in Medicine?
- What is going on with the rise of chemical toxins in our food?
- Other than food are there other chemicals we are exposed to?
- What regulations are in place to protect us?
- What do you say to the claims that pesticides and GMO foods are safe?
- What is leaky gut?
- Can leaky gut affect our brains?
- What is gluten sensitivity?
- Why is it so common?
- Do we understand why there are so many autoimmune disorders on the rise?
- Are you seeing a relationship between gut health and autism?
- How do you recommend people get started if they want to look into this as a problem for their family?
- How can someone get ahold you/yourbook/website?