Episode 4 How To Improve Your Beauty Sleep with Judy Mazurin
Sleep is essential to keep you physically and mentally healthy, but it is estimated that 50-70 million US adults have a sleep disorder. It can range from just a stressful time with some sleepless nights, to a chronic insomnia disorder. In this episode, Dr. Risk and Dr. Mazurin discuss the necessity of sleep, what can go wrong, and how to help yourself on those night you are tossing and turning.
Topics Covered in This Episode:
- How did you become interested in Chinese medicine and health?
- Do we even understand why we need sleep?
- What happens during the different phases of sleep?
- When does REM happen?
- Do we even know why we need REM?
- How much sleep do we need?
- What is the Circadian rhythm?
- How do Hormones play a roll in sleep?
- What’s one of the most common sleep problems that you see in clinic?
- What do you do when someone has trouble falling asleep?
- What do you do if there is stress in someone's life?
- What do you do if they are still having some issues?
- What do you do when people are having nightmares?
- Do you often see traumas or mood disorders causing nightmares?
- What do you do if it’s just an active sleep cycle like acting out dreams, but not necessarily nightmares?
- What about snoring? What’s the first thing that you do when someone comes to you with a sleep problem?
- What sort of things do you look at with diet?
- Aside form supplements, what advice to you give to those with adrenal fatigue?
- What are other tips you recommend for sleep hygiene?