Episode 105 Great Tide Rising With Kathleen Dean Moore
We are at a time where our environmental awareness has become the upmost importance. There are dramatic shifts in weather, endangered species and huge impacts on our health. Kathleen Dean Moore discusses her book “Great Tide Rising” in the hopes to bring awareness, and change to a planet in need.
Topics Covered In This Episode:
- What got you involved in writing about climate change?
- What is climate change?
- Climate change is a violation of human rights
- What is humanities roll on the planet?
- Do we have a moral obligation to the future to leave a world as rich in possibilities as our own?
- Is our culture sustainable?
- What is “growing Industry of Overlooking”?
- Why do we think we have the right to destroy things?
- Why is it taboo to want to make changes or talk about it?
- What damage are we seeing and continue to see if we keep going in the direction we are going in?
- When you talk about morality, what do you mean in relationship to climate change?
- Why is it wrong to wreck the world?
- How is this going to affect our children?
- For me, this is important because of the impact it is having on us.
- What do you say to people who don’t believe we are contributing to global warming or that it’s a hoax?
- What about people who deny that action can help?
- What is advocacy?
- How can someone get involved?
- What can one person do?
- How can someone get ahold of you/your book/website?