Episode 32 Get the Toxins Out with Bruce Lourie and Rick Smith
“How do I get this stuff out of me?”
Authors of the Bestselling book “Slow Death by Rubber Duck” are discussing their latest book “Toxin Toxout”. With growing concerns that we are increasingly exposed to thousands of chemicals in our every day world, people are asking important questions. How do you get this stuff out? And do detoxes work? Bruce Lourie and Rick Smith do us all a favour by exposing themselves to toxins, and then finding the most effective way to get them out of the body. Join us for this informative episode.
Topics Covered In This Episode:
- How did you both get involved in writing about toxins?
- Why should we be concerned with these chemicals?
- How have be become so toxic?
- Are these chemicals linked to health problems?
- Are our personal health care products dangerous to us?
- What can we do about this?
- How is our food affected by these chemicals?
- Does this affect us?
- Some people say you can’t have true organic food because there’s pesticides everywhere, so then why bother. Is there really a benefit to eating organic?
- You talk a lot about EMFs in the detox chapter. Do these affect us as well?
- What do all these toxins have to do with cancer?
- What does this have to do with allergies?
- How does our body deal with these toxins on a daily basis?
- What is detoxing?
- How do our genetics affect our ability to detox?
- When you did your detoxing experiments, what did you find to be the most effective?
- How can people help protect themselves from these toxins?