Episode 35 Fats, Oils, Cholesterol And Your Health with Udo Erasmus
“Simplistic and inaccurate half-truths that serve advertising and sales efforts have created confusion. We need clear, factual information, in simple English.”
With decades of misinformation on fats and oils, many people are confused as to what to believe. Udo Erasmus’s book was first published in 1986 and now “Fats that Heal Fats That Kill” has over 200 000 copies in print! Many places that offer information on fats and oils are misinformed “facts” and politics. Udo Erasmus has made the process of gathering truthful information easier so we can make decisions on our journey to wellness for ourselves and our families.
Topics Covered In This Episode:
- How did you get involved in writing about fats?
- I think there is still a lot of confusion about fats, as our society is just coming out of a low fat phase. Why did we think fats were bad?
- What is fatty degeneration?
- Is there good and bad fats?
- What do bad fats do to us?
- What do good fats do for us?
- How are fats related to cholesterol?
- How do fats affect cardiovascular disease?
- What are the dangers of low cholesterol?
- How do fats affect our immune system?
- How do we get fatty acids in our diet?
- When purchasing oils, Is there a certain way oils and fats should be prepared?
- What would you recommend people take in their diets?
- When cooking with oil, is there anything we shouldn’t do, or be cautious of?
- How do we make sure we have a good balance of fats in our diet? What should we eat, what should we avoid?
- What would be a recommendation for someone who is hearing this now and wants to make some changes. Where should they start?
- Do you have a website people can find you if they have more questions?