Episode 96 Exercises For Better Bones With Margaret Martin
Many people are afraid of osteoporosis and aware of what that can mean. Loss of balance and broken hips are a common story as we get older. Margaret Martin has created a program to help build strength and bones! Join us to hear how you can incorporate this into your own routine.
Topics Covered In This Episode:
- What inspired you to talk about bone health?
- What is osteoporosis?
- Who is affected?
- How does exercise help build bones?
- What are the four principles to a bone building program?
- Can you use this program to prevent bone loss?
- How are postural exercises important?
- How are strengthening exercises important?
- How are balance exercises important?
- How is breathing important?
- Can you walk us through a breathing exercise?
- How will this make us stronger?
- What do you mean by “tighten your lower tummy?”
- Are there exercises that are unsafe?
- how is cardiovascular health important?
- Is yoga helpful for bone building?
- How can we have a bone healthy yoga practice?
- Can you give us an example of one of the most common exercises you give people for their bones?
- How can people get ahold of you/website/books etc?