Episode 2 Food For Thought with Casey Kohlman
The importance of food in understanding health brings us back to the basics of Chinese Medicine. Our guts are 80% of our immune system, and any disharmony can create health problems. Dr. Risk and Dr. Casey talk about some of the basics, and the most common cause of digestive and health disharmonies.
Topics Covered In This Episode:
- Can you tell us a bit about Chinese medicine
- What is tongue diagnosis?
- what is a person's constitutional pattern?
- What would you say is the most common TCM pattern that you see in clinic?
- When you see this going on, what is generally the most helpful place to start?
- So where do you start with diet?
- What are the most common reactions that you see with gluten sensitivity?
- What’s up with sugar?
- What are the biggest causes of illness seen in clinic?
- What is candida?
- What are signs of candida?
- What do you find are the most common symptoms of parasites?
- What’s your favourite thing to treat candida?
- How do you treat parasites?