Episode 198 Circadian Optics with Amber Leong
After experiencing a Minnesota winter for the first time, Amber Leong realized that the long nights were affecting her. Trying to find a solution for the missing sunlight, she created a sunlamp that was more user friendly, and fit better into her lifestyle than the existing ones. Tune in to learn how you can feel happier, more energized and sleep better over the winter.
Topics covered in this episode:
- What inspired you to get involved with sun lamps?
- How did winters affect you?
- How are your lamps different?
- What is SAD?
- What are signs that winter/darkness is affecting us?
- How can the lamps help the circadian rhythm?
- How does it help mood?
- How can it change concentration?
- How can it help energy?
- How does it help hormones?
- When is the best time to use the lamp?
- How long should exposure be?
- Where should the light be absorbed?
- How long does it take to feel a change in how you feel while using it?
- How can someone get ahold of you/website/book?