Episode 197 The Power of Heart with Amy Bloch
“But I don’t believe that life is supposed to make you feel good, or to make you feel miserable either. Life is just supposed to make you feel.”
“When the brain is anxious it will see things in incorrect ways.” Amy Bloch learned out to listen to heart when faced with the diagnosis of a congenital brain condition her newborn daughter was suffering from. After 23 years as a psychiatrist, she has stopped listening to the “whatifs” and “shoulds” that the brain is creating, and listen more to what the heart wants, and trusting the process. She is discussing her book “The Power of Heart” in this interview, to help others find the power of their hearts.
Topics covered in this episode:
- What inspired you to write this book?
- What do you mean by heart?
- What does “heartstrong” mean?
- What can heart do for us?
- How is heart different from brain?
- How can heart help us connect with the world?
- How do we know if we are using heart?
- How can we deal with uncertainty?
- What does anxiety have to do with it?
- How can listening to our heart help with emotions?
- What are brain based emotions?
- How does heart and brain deal with the idea of use being a victim?
- How does mindfulness help?
- How can we put all this together when dealing with a difficult situation?
- How can we turn off our brain and listen more to heart?
- How can we trust this process?
- How can we tell our truth?
- How can someone get ahold of you/website/book?