Episode 196 Writing the Big Book with William H. Schaberg
After researching a rare book, William H. Schaberg realized there was a story to tell about The Big Book. Engrossed in history and layered with stories, Alcoholics Anonymous’ legendary book has some secrets. The bibliographical confusion over the prepublication confusion is laid out in his scholarly publication, and he is discussing the implications of this book in this interview with Dr. Risk.
Topics covered in this episode:
- What inspired you to write this book?
- Why did you feel this was important to write?
- How long did you spend writing this book?
- What is the big book?
- Where did AA originate from?
- Who was the one who wrote the book?
- How did it come together?
- What is the value of the AA book?
- How did it get printed?
- What did you discover that was important to note from the creation of this book?
- How are the mistruths of stories important?
- Was there anything that took you by surprise?
- How how AA been receptive to this book?
- Who do you think will read this book?
- What do you think they will get from it?
- How can someone get ahold of you/website/book?