Episode 179 The Real Meal Revolution with Jonno Proudfoot
“We are lead to believe that we are lazy, that we eat too much and don’t exercise enough. These are not the cause of our health problems, they are the symptoms.” Changing your diet for your health can be overwhelming, but necessary. With fad diets coming up everywhere, it’s hard to know what to do for yourself. Taking the popular South African Banting diet, or known in North America, Keto, Jonno Proudfood has made these changes easy and delicious. Covered by numerous scientific studies, and dramatic life changes for followers, it’s important information for anyone who eats!
Topics Covered in this episode:
- What inspired you to write this book?
- What is the history of grains in our diet?
- How did we end up thinking we needed so many grains?
- How did it come about that fat was demonized?
- To make matters worse, are there more issues with our grains (like GmOs)?
- Where did the Banting diet come from?
- What do carbs do to our bodies that causes disease?
- Don’t we get hungry if we don’t eat carbs?
- Can you explain the misconception that fat makes us fat?
- Are carbs addictive?
- How does all of this affect cholesterol?
- Is there science behind any of this?
- What does the Banting diet consist of?
- How can people expect to feel on the diet?
- Does that happen right away or is there a period of time we need to adapt?
- What rules do we follow on the Banting diet?
- How can someone get started?
- What kind of foods does someone eat on the diet?
- How can someone get ahold of you/website/book?