Episode 161 How to Navigate Perimenopause with Shirley Weir
Women's health advocate, Shirley Weir, is joining Dr. Risk to empower women in their natural health journey of menopause. Her book “MOKITA: How To Navigate Perimenopause With Confidence & Ease” sets the record straight on perimenopause, menopause and the myths surrounding these issues. With up-to-date information, case studies and relatable human experiences, any woman can feel empowered and confident in her ability to navigate perimenopause, menopause & beyond.
Topics Covered In this Episode:
- What inspired you to write this book?
- What does Mokita mean?
- Why is it taboo to talk about menopause?
- What are menopause and perimenopause?
- How old are women when they go through menopause?
- What happens in menopause?
- What symptoms can women expect in menopause?
- What was your own experience?
- What happens to hormones?
- What are adrenal glands?
- What do they have to do with menopause?
- What is burn out?
- What myths are out there about menopause?
- How can we navigate a relationship while we are going through the changes of menopause?
- Can’t we just take hormones for menopause and be done with it?
- How do know our hormone therapy is safe?
- How can we talk to our doctors about menopause?
- What questions should we ask?
- When should we seek medical advice about menopause?
- Who should we have on our team to help us with menopause?
- Do our roles in life change in menopause?
- How can we deal with the emotions of the transition?
- How does cannabis help?
- How is diet important in menopause?
- How can we protect ourselves against problems with bone density?
- What last advice do you have for women of any age to prepare for menopause?