Episode 161: How to Navigate Perimenopause with Shirley Weir
Women's health advocate, Shirley Weir, is joining Dr. Risk to empower women in their natural health journey of menopause. Her book “MOKITA: How To Navigate Perimenopause With Confidence & Ease” sets the record straight on perimenopause, menopause and the myths surrounding these issues. With up-to-date information, case studies and relatable human experiences, any woman can feel empowered and confident in her ability to navigate perimenopause, menopause & beyond.
Topics Covered In this Episode:
- What inspired you to write this book?
- What does Mokita mean?
- Why is it taboo to talk about menopause?
- What are menopause and perimenopause?
- How old are women when they go through menopause?
- What happens in menopause?
- What symptoms can women expect in menopause?
- What was your own experience?
- What happens to hormones?
- What are adrenal glands?
- What do they have to do with menopause?
- What is burn out?
- What myths are out there about menopause?
- How can we navigate a relationship while we are going through the changes of menopause?
- Can’t we just take hormones for menopause and be done with it?
- How do know our hormone therapy is safe?
- How can we talk to our doctors about menopause?
- What questions should we ask?
- When should we seek medical advice about menopause?
- Who should we have on our team to help us with menopause?
- Do our roles in life change in menopause?
- How can we deal with the emotions of the transition?
- How does cannabis help?
- How is diet important in menopause?
- How can we protect ourselves against problems with bone density?
- What last advice do you have for women of any age to prepare for menopause?