Episode 157 How to Survive Your Childhood Now That You’re an Adult with Ira Israel
As children we unknowingly absorbed ideas and information that may not be right for us. We formed belief systems, and even follow these ideas in our relationships, careers and family life. After striving for the wrong kind of approval, or finding out our “perfect” job isn’t right for us, we need guidance on how to tap into our true core needs. Author Ira Irael has a plan to help you find the right path in his book “How to Survive Your Childhood Now That You're an Adult: A Path to Authenticity and Awakening.”
Topics Covered In this Episode:
- What inspired you to write this book?
- What does it mean to be authentic?
- What’s the difference between ego and mind?
- What are attachment styles?
- How does this affect us as adults?
- What is happiness?
- Where do our ideas of what would make us happy come from?
- How do people get their sense of self in our culture?
- Where does negative self talk come from?
- Do you feel mood disorders are culturally contingent?
- Do we often see heightened emotions as interfering with productivity?
- How do resentments relate to all this?
- Do we have a desire to be unconditionally loved?
- How does romance factor in?
- How has our busyness affected us?
- What are remissions?
- How can we bring our subconscious beliefs or assumptions to consciousness?
- What is mindfulness?
- What is meditation?
- What’s atonement?
- What’s attunement?
- How can we own our own life?
- How can we cultivate authentic connections?
- How can someone get ahold of you/website/book?