Episode 154 Western and Eastern Medicine with Dr. Catherine Kurosu
“The longest journey begins with a single step“
Dr. Catherine Kurosu is sharing her journey from practicing obstetrics and gynecology in Western Medicine to practicing Eastern medicine. These two health systems, although very different, can offer patients an overall system of care. She is discussing her book “True Wellness: How to Combine the Best of Western and Eastern Medicine for Optimal Health.”
Topics Covered In This Episode:
- What inspired you to write this book?
- What failings are we seeing with the current “western” medicine?
- What is eastern medicine?
- What is eastern medicine used for?
- Has eastern medicine been researched?
- Could good results just be placebo effect?
- Is eastern medicine safe?
- Why should we integrate eastern and western medicine?
- Are western physicians willing to incorporate eastern modalities?
- How should I approach my doctor about using eastern medicine?
- How can these two systems be used together?
- How can someone begin to implement some of these changes in their own life?
- What changes to diet do you recommend?
- What lifestyle changes do you recommend?
- What stress relieving strategies do you recommend?
- How can this be used to prevent disease?
- How can someone get ahold of you/website/book?