Episode 130 Plant Paradox with Dr Steven Gundry
In his book “Plant Paradox” Dr Steven Gundry discusses some of the dangers with eating plant foods. In a way of protection, some plants produce toxins called lectins that can be harmful to human health. With a mission to dramatically improve human health, happiness, and longevity through his unique vision of diet and nutrition, he is sharing this information in this interview.
Topics Covered In This Episode:
- What inspired you to write this book?
- What is the plant paradox?
- What are lectins?
- Why aren’t we able to digest them?
- What’s the microbiome?
- What have we traditionally done to protect ourselves from lectins?
- What has changed in the last 100 years to bring more lectins into our diets?
- Isn’t whole grain supposed to be healthy?
- How are antibiotics contributing?
- Are there other medications contributing?
- How are GMOs and roundup contributing?
- How are endocrine disruptors contributing?
- How does this all affect us?
- How does it contribute to autoimmunity?
- How do they contribute to weight gain?
- If we are avoiding lectins, what would we avoid?
- What can we eat?
- Are there some foods that are ok if they are just in moderation?
- What are your four rules when someone gets started?
- What’s phase 1?
- What’s phase 2?
- What’s phase 3?
- How can someone get started?
- How can someone get more info/your book/website?