Episode 122 Lyme with Mary Beth Pfieffer
The war against Lyme Disease still rages on. It’s been ten years since we’ve had a study on treatment outcomes of Lyme, and doctors and government still turn a blind eye to its existence, while thousands each year become infected and suffer without recognition or treatment. Mary Beth Pfieffer has outlined the failures of a flawed system where medial and scientific communities still turn a blind eye to tick-born illnesses.
Topics Covered In This Episode:
- What inspired you to write this book?
- What is lyme?
- How is Lyme transmitted?
- How is this affecting people?
- What steps are our government and health care agencies taking to protect us?
- Is this being recognized properly?
- What are the Lyme Wars?
- What studies do we have on chronic persistent lyme?
- What controversy is there about this?
- What are people doing to get treatment?
- What do you mean that lyme is the first epidemic of climate change?
- What animals are affecting the spread of Lyme?
- What can be done?
- What can we expect in the future if we don’t make changes?
- How can someone get more info/your book/website?