Episode 113 The Longevity Diet with Valter Longo
Valter Longo is the director of the Longevity Institute at USC in Los Angeles, Dr. Longo received the 2010 Nathan Shock Lecture Award from the National Institute on Aging, and today we are discussing his book “The Longevity Diet.”
Topics Covered In This Episode:
- What inspired you to write this book?
- How did you get involved in longevity?
- What is aging?
- What sort of research have you done?
- What are the five pillars of longevity?
- What is the longevity diet?
- How are proteins important?
- How are carbs important?
- How are fats important?
- What rules should people follow?
- How is fasting important?
- How is exercise important?
- What’s a fasting-mimicking diet?
- How does this relate to cancer?
- How does this affect diabetes?
- How does it help cardiovascular disease?
- Can this diet prevent Alzheimer’s?
- Are autoimmune diseases affected?
- What last advice do you have for someone who wants longevity?
- How can someone get more info/your book/website?