Episode 112 The Calcium Paradox with Dr. Kate Rheaume
Our society has spoken for years about the importance of calcium. Often the only mineral people grow up talking about, it needs no introduction. What is a surprise, is that calcium on its own can cause an array of health problems, and needs its partner Vitamin K2 to work properly. Dr. Kate Rhéaume is explaining the Calcium Paradox in this interview.
Topics Covered In This Episode:
- What inspired you to write this book?
- What is the calcium paradox?
- I thought calcium was good for us, why is it causing so many problems?
- How is Vit D helping/hindering this?
- What is Vit K2?
- How did we become so deficient in something so important?
- How are eggs so important?
- How is what our food eats important?
- What are food sources of Vit K2?
- How does Vit K2 affect heart health?
- Is it possible to reverse heart disease?
- How is it important for bone health?
- How does it affect diabetes?
- How can it affect dental health?
- What is the relationship with Vit D?
- What is the relationship with Vit A?
- Is there a way to test if we are deficient?
- How much should we take if we supplement Vit K? With what other vitamins/doses?
- What changes should we make in our diet to ensure adequate Vit K?
- How can someone get more info/your book/website?