Episode 68 Defining the Mind with Dr. Dan Siegel
Without defining the mind, medicine has left a lot of questions about who and what we are. Dr. Dan Seigel takes us on a journey in his book “Mind: A Journey to the Heart of Being Human”. After finding a definition for the mind, it allows us to then have a deeper understanding of ourselves and how we work.
Topics Covered In This Episode:
- What inspired you to write this book?
- What is the common curiosity people have about the mind?
- What does it mean to say “The mind is what the brain does?”
- What is the definition of mind?
- What is the system of the mind?
- What is self-organization?
- What does a healthy mind look like?
- How do rigidity and chaos affect us?
- What is integration?
- Is the mind’s subjective reality real?
- How does empathy affect us?
- Can we answer the question “Who are we?”
- What do the terms “Top Down” and “Bottom Up” mean?
- Do we know where the mind is?
- Can you explain neuroplasticity?
- Do we understand “why” we have a mind?
- Is there a connection between religion, research and the mind?
- You state the questions “When is mind?” What does that mean?
- Are we alone as many people feel, or is there a collective consciousness?
- What is consciousness?
- What does it mean to be aware?
- How important is kindness?
- What is presences?
- How does it help us?
- How can someone find you/your book/ your website?