Episode 58 Daughters of Divorce with Terry Gaspard
Statistics show that over 40% of Americans are children of divorce, and women with divorced parents are more than twice as likely than men to get divorced themselves and struggle in romantic relationships. In Terry Gaspard’s book, “Daughters of Divorce,” she helps restore your faith in love and build healthy, successful relationships. Interviewing daughters of divorce and drawing on over 30 years of experience, Terry helps you recognize and overcome the unique emotional issues that parental separation creates so you can build the happy, long-lasting relationships you deserve.
Topics Covered In This Episode:
- What made you interested in the topic of Daughters of divorce?
- What does that mean “daughters of divorce?”
- Can you tell us about the study that you did?
- How are daughters affected by divorce more than sons?
- How are our self-esteems affected?
- What’s the sleeper effect?
- How does being a divorced daughter affect relationships?
- Does this affect how we trust others?
- Does this affect commitment?
- What are people expecting from marriage?
- How can someone break free from the past?
- As an adult, how can it help us to revisit our experiences with our parents divorce?
- How can we deal with these ghosts from the past?
- Do we often tend to repeat patterns from the past?
- How is forgiveness part of this journey?
- How can we go about doing this?
- How does a daughter’s relationship with her father make a difference?
- What are ways a father can be unavailable or absent?
- How can you repair wounds with your father?
- How can you repair your self-esteem?
- How can we built trust in our relationships?
- What does it mean to be vulnerable with our partner?
- How can we change our beliefs about love and marriage?
- How can we make smart decisions about love and marriage?
- How can we develop emotional intimacy?
- How can we break the legacy of divorce?
- How can someone get ahold of you or your book?