Episode 83 Cracking The Aging Code With Josh Mitteldorf
What causes us to grow old and die? This interview with Josh Mitteldorf discussing his book “Cracking the metabolic code”, explores new ideas about aging. Understanding that our bodies are designed to age and die and that the mechanism to enforce this must have developed early in evolutionary history, creates an open dialogue for ways to mitigate aging in new ways.
Topics Covered In This Episode:
- What inspired you to write this book?
- Why do we age?
- What is aging?
- What are some theories of aging?
- What does fertility have to do with age?
- Is it necessary for us to age?
- How do our genes affect aging?
- How does calorie restriction affect aging?
- What is hormesis?
- What are telomeres?
- What is cell suicide?
- What basics do you recommend for self care to extend life?
- Are there certain vitamins that can help?
- Are there supplements that can help mimic caloric restriction?
- How does exercise help us?
- How does inflammation affect us?
- How does melatonin help us?
- How is the immune system important/affected?
- Is there anything we can do about our epigenetics?
- Can we do anything about telomeres?
- Is aging necessary?
- How can someone get ahold of you/your book/website?