Episode 26 COPD Solutions with Dawn Fielding
COPD is the third leading cause of death world wide, affecting over 15 million Americans. This disease, which can literally leave you breathless, has increased at an alarming rate. Dawn Fielding is sharing her 10 week program to help those suffering reclaim their lives. After helping hundreds of patients with her program, she has seen 100% success rate in improving their health, which she has laid out in her book “The COPD Solution.” With no cure for COPD, it is essential to manage health and symptoms so that you can breathe easier with this disease.
Topics Covered In This Episode:
- How did you get involved with treating COPD?
- Can you tell us what COPD is?
- What are the symptoms of COPD?
- What causes COPD?
- What is the prognosis when someone is diagnosed with COPD?
- What do medications do for the disease?
- Are there ways they can learn to breath better?
- What’s the six minutes walk test?
- What’s the first step in your program?
- Can you explain how your program works?
- How does oxygen help?
- How can someone breathe easier?
- How can someone conserve their energy when their oxygen is low? do they prevent flare ups?
- What’s pulmonary rehab?
- -How does smoking affect this program?
- Are there foods that can help someone with COPD?
- How does yoga help?
- What’s the last step in the program?
- What advice to you have for people suffering with COPD?
- How can people reach you?