Episode 41 Brain Boosters with Dr. Simone Ravicz
“You can’t treat an old dog new tricks.” An old adverb that belongs to a pragmatic mindset; that we can’t change and the way we are is static. In her book “Brain Boosters: Seven Ways to Help Your Brain Help Yourself” Dr. Simone Ravicz discusses neuroplasticity, essentially the brains ability to repave old roadways into newer ones. This book offers seven highly effective techniques based in science that can be used to remap neural connections, and create a positive mindset growing new neuronal pathways. These techniques can be used in everyday life to help with a variety of problems and slow your brain’s aging.
Topics Covered In This Episode:
- What brought you to write your book about the brain?
- What is neuroplasticity?
- How does this affect our genes?
- What is the amygdala?
- How does stress affect most people?
- What is the difference between our conscious and unconscious minds?
- What is EFT?
- How does it affect the amygdala?
- How does someone go about doing EFT?
- What is eye movement desensitization or reprocessing?
- How does someone implement this technique?
- What is neuro-hypnosis?
- How does someone do this to themselves?
- What is mindfulness meditation?
- What does this do for people?
- Are there certain foods that can help our brain?
- How does inflammation affect our brain?
- How do fats affect us?
- Are there supplements you recommend to help the brain?
- How does exercise affect us?
- What is positive psychology?
- How does someone go about implementing this?
- What is acceptance and commitment therapy?
- How does it work?
- How does someone pull all this together?
- How can someone get ahold of you if they have any questions?