Episode 98 Big Pharma And Breast Cancer With Sharon Batt
After being diagnosed with breast cancer in 1988, Sharon Batt realized that the politics of breast cancer are rarely explored. In her book “Health Advocacy Inc.”, she draws links between the pharmaceutical industry, and the corporate financing that is threatening public health care. This is a riveting interview for any woman with breast cancer, and the women and men that know them.
Topics Covered In This Episode:
- Can you tell us about your own journey with breast cancer?
- What inspired you to write Health Avocacy inc?
- What is it like to have a cancer diagnosis?
- Where can someone find more information?
- Why were there policies to against pharmaceutical funding?
- What made that change?
- What does it mean to have pharmaceutical funding?
- How did pharmaceutical funding change the breast cancer industry?
- Why is this important for us to know?
- If groups were struggling, what is the issue with taking funding from pharmaceutical companies?
- What can we do moving forward to make this change?