Episode 99 Aging Gracefully With Andrea Brandt
We’re often told as we get older things are going to change. We’re going to feel worse, and it’s just part of aging. What if that wasn’t the case? Discussing her book “Mindful Aging: Embracing Your Life After 50 to Find Fulfillment, Purpose, and Joy” in this interview, Andrea Brandt walks us through how we can age gracefully.
Topics Covered In This Episode:
- What inspired you to write this book?
- How is old age perceived by our society?
- How do most people feel about aging?
- what changes happen in our lives as we get older?
- What does it mean to be realistic?
- How does it differ from positivity?
- How can someone develop realistic positivity?
- How can people approach change?
- How can someone deal with illness and pain that arises as we get older?
- How can we view death with realistic positivity?
- How does holding onto the past affect us?
- How do past traumas affect our decisions?
- How can we learn to recognize this?
- How does mindfulness help us?
- How can we deal with attachments?
- How can we deal with loss?
- How can we acknowledge that some of our beliefs are limiting us?
- How can we find joy in our day to day life?
- Most people experience fear and resistance to change, how can we approach this?
- How important are our relationships and connections?
- It’s common to feel physically limited as we get older, can we change that view?
- How can we keep our mind sharp?
- How is spirituality important?
- How important is it to contribute to our community?