Episode 33 Acupuncture for Pain Relief with William Reddy
With growing controversy over opioid drugs for pain relief, people are looking for other options. Pain is our body’s way of telling us something is wrong. As humans, we have all experienced pain, but with an estimated 100 million Americans having chronic pain, there obviously needs to be more solutions to help us. Acupuncturists Dr. Rebecca Risk and her guest Bill Reddy discuss how acupuncture works for pain, and what results you can expect to see.
Topics Covered In This Episode:
- How did you get into doing acupuncture?
- When we’re looking at pain syndromes, what is the typical treatment recommended by most doctors?
- Is medication effective in treating pain?
- What are the side effects of medication?
- Can you tell us what acupuncture is?
- What is the history of acupuncture?
- How does it work?
- How does acupuncture help with pain?
- Have there been studies on acupuncture?
- What sort of assessment do you do before treating someone with acupuncture?
- How do you decide where the needles go during treatment?
- Does acupuncture hurt?
- What results do you see with acupuncture in treating pain?
- Are there other therapies that you can do along with the acupuncture to help with pain?
- Can acupuncture help with some of the symptoms that come along with pain, like anxiety, insomnia etc.
- How can someone find a practitioner to help them?