Episode 176 The Link Between Nutrition And Cognitive Function With John Lewis
Alzheimer’s dementia is the sixth-leading cause of death in the U.S. Yet, there seems to be no preventative measures and effective treatment. Children who watched in their grandparents or parents suffer, live in fear that they will be next. Unfortunately, studies for Alzheimer’s and neurodegenerative disorders by major drug companies are being completely abandoned. In the past year alone, at least a half-dozen Alzheimer’s drug hopefuls from major pharmaceutical companies bit the dust. John E. Lewis, Ph.D. has co-authored more than 170 peer reviewed scientific publications and is discussing the link between nutrition and cognitive function.
Topics covered in this episode:
- How did you get involved in researching dementia?
- Who is affected by dementia?
- How common is it?
- How does it affect families?
- What are signs of dementia?
- How can we tell the difference between normal aging and early signs of dementia?
- How does it progress?
- How treatment is there for dementia?
- How effective is the treatment?
- What studies are there on dementia treatment?
- Why aren’t drug companies studying this illness?
- Is there a link between nutrition and cognitive function?
- What are polysaccharides?
- How does this help?
- Would it reverse dementia?
- Can we slow down or reverse dementia?
- Proactive ways to protect your brain as you age?
- How can someone get ahold of you?