Episode 129 Nutrient Power For Illness With Dr. William Walsh
In his book “Nutrient Power”, Dr. Walsh provides the scientific foundation his approach to nutrient therapies. This approach recognizes that nutrient imbalances can alter brain levels of key neurotransmitters, disrupt gene expression of proteins and enzymes, and cripple the body’s protection against environmental toxins. Dr. Walsh treats imbalances in patients challenged by behavior disorders, ADHD, autism, anxiety, depression, bipolar disorders, schizophrenia and Alzheimer’s disease. He’s sharing his treatment protocol and approach in this interview.
Topics Covered In This Episode:
- What inspired you to write this book?
- What has been some of the history of mental illnesses?
- What do we now know is the cause?
- How is mental health traditionally treated?
- How are you treating it?
- What are neurotransmitters?
- What role do nutrients play on mental health?
- Is the treatment the same for everyone (ie are all schizophrenics on the same supplements)?
- Do you see any trends in what is causing illnesses?
- What is methylation?
- What’s the difference between under and over methylation?
- What are epigenetics?
- What is pyroluria?
- How are they playing a roll?
- What do you typically see for schizophrenia?
- What do you typically see for depression?
- What do you typically see for autism?
- How can you help behavioural disorders and ADHD?
- Can your treatment help dementia?
- How do you start assessing someone that comes to your clinic for help?
- What tests do you run?
- How do you get people started?
- What results do you see?
- How can someone find a doctor who follows this protocol?
- How can someone get more info/your book/website?